Everything We Know About the GCC Version of the Toyota 86
Nearly here, nearly here
By Imthishan Giado
We’ve called in all our favours. We’ve asked all our sources. The result is this: everything we know about the Toyota 86.
Come June 1, consumers will be finally be able to buy Toyota’s long-awaited sportscar. It’s been benchmarked against the Porsche Cayman, so what will you get for your money?
Here are the hard facts.
- Five colours at launch Black, orange, red are confirmed – the rest are still pending.
- There will be a manual gearbox available in addition to the automatic. Thank goodness.
- The manual gearbox is the base model. Upgrade to the automatic trim and you’ll get alcantara trim, push button start and climate control, with a pretty wild TRD bodykit at the top of the pile.
- It launches June 1. The 86 arrives via a special event at Yas Marina, and there’ll be a special VIP preview event, which we are offering you the chance to attend. Check out the competition on our Facebook page now: www.Facebook.com/MotoringMiddleEast
- It won’t be expensive. The price is still under wraps for now – and we can’t um, tell you – but rest assured that everything you’re hearing about on the social networks is true…
- TRD is coming Official modifications will be available for the car from Toyota Racing Development via Al Futtaim Motors.
- It won’t be called the FT86. In the Middle East, this will be known as the Toyota 86. Get your Hachi Roku stickers ready!
- Deposits are being taken. We hear AED5k will get you in the door.
Keep checking back for further details.